Check-in time: 13h00 | Check-out time: 11h00
Resting lightly upon the ground within a 33,000 acre, private concession in the Kruger National Park, Singita Sweni Lodge is nestled beautifully amongst hundreds of trees at the edge of the Sweni River. With its proximity to the river, guests at Singita Sweni Lodge are treated to up-close sightings of the incredible number of animals and birds that wander down to drink or wallow in the river. Tucked into the banks of the Sweni River, this intimate lodge is a hidden jewel that provides a bold, new African context for contemporary design.
An intimate hideaway hosting 7 suites; with decks that seem to hover in the branches and bold interiors that are inspired by beetles, chameleons and birds’ wings, and neutrals that draw in the light. Each of the lodge’s contemporary en-suite units have been restructured to maximize open-plan living with panoramic game-viewing decks. All suites have outdoor showers that overlook the river, and outdoor day beds where you can spend a night under the stars. With its close-proximity to the Sweni River, guests are treated to exceptional up-close sightings of the wildlife that wander down to drink or wallow.
The Pool Suite with the unique inclusion of a private swimming pool and shaded riverfront deck can be connected to the adjacent unit to create a more generous unit with two en-suite bedrooms, offering guests an extra layer of privacy – perfect for families and honeymoon couples.
- 6 x Sweni Suites
- 1 x Pool suite with private pool and deck
- There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area.
- Spa and fitness center facilities are available.
- The Singita Boutique & Gallery.
- There is a television available in the main lodge area.
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite.
- Children aged 10 and over are welcome in all suites. Children under 10 years old are welcome in the 2-bedroom suites and the villa. All normal safari activities can be tailored to suit families.
- In the interest of safety, children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
|6||R 30 250 per adult per night
R 15 125 per child per night
|1||R 36 300 per person per night
*minumum charge of 2 guests
Please note that guests wishing to check in before 13h00 and/or check out after 11h00 are required to book an additional night at the day-use rate
- Quoted in South African Rand (ZAR / R),
- Inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 15%, and subject to change.
- Tourism Levy
- Telephone calls
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Spa treatments
- Transport to and from the reserve.
- Certain special meal requests
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Twice daily open Land Rover safaris
- Walking safaris
- Return road transfers between the Satara airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Singita Sweni Lodge.
- Infants under the age of 2 years will be accommodated free of charge.
- Children aged 2-16 years will be accommodated at 50% of the adult rate when sharing a standard Suite with 1 adult or another child.
- A single child accommodated in their own suite will attract the full adult rate.
- Families of four or more members, including at least one child under 10 years are guaranteed the complimentary use of a private vehicle.
- Families of up to three members, including at least one child under 10 years, are required to pay for the use of a private vehicle.
- Triples are available on request. An additional room needs to be booked and a minimum charge of 3 adults will apply.
- In the interest of safety, participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of the guide.
A single supplement will apply if three or more single rooms are booked in a reservation. A supplement of 25% of the adult rate will be added from the third single room onwards.
- Singita Sweni Lodge may be accessed by private air charter directly to the lodge or on the scheduled air services on Federal Air. Flights to the lodge can only be operated during daylight hours. Restrictions apply.
- Federal Air transfer tariffs are valid 01 January – 31 December and are subject to change. All flight tariffs are nett and non-commissionable
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to the increasing fuel cost, Federal Air may increase their fuel surcharge during the year, in which case the incremental cost must be borne by the client. Singita will not be accountable for any such fluctuations beyond its control.
- We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip. All flights land at the Satara airstrip located 45 minutes from the lodge. Guests are collected off the flight by Singita staff and transported to the lodge in a closed air-conditioned vehicle
- On scheduled flights, the weight of luggage is restricted to 20kg (44lb) for checked baggage and 5kg (11lb) for hand luggage. Only soft-sided luggage is permitted.
- Johannesburg – Satara: approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
- Nelspruit – Satara: approximately 45 minutes
- Private aircraft pilots land at their own risk and are advised to broadcast their intentions on frequency 124,8 Mhz. Landing with prior permission only. Please note that only a small number of companies have permission to land at the Satara airstrip as it is run by the National Parks Board. Please contact reservations for a list of recommended charter companies.
- All charters are to be aware of the operating guidelines for pilots in the park and are to obtain prior permission before landing.
- Planes that can land at the Satara airstrip: King Air, Cessna and PC12.
- Runway: 17/35
- Latitude: 24° 22” 31.6’ S
- Longitude: 31° 46” 58.8’ E
- Elevation: 850ft
- Width: 20m
- Length: 1 000m
- Surface: gravel
- Frequencies in use: Lowveld
- Information: 119.0 VFR 124.8
- Closest non-precision let down facility is Skukuza NDB SZ 233.
- From Johannesburg: approximately 8 hours’ drive (+/- 600km).
- From Hazyview: approximately 3.5 hours’ drive (+/- 156km).
- From Nelspruit: approximately 4 hours’ drive (+/- 216km).
- From Hoedspruit: approximately 2-3 hours’ drive (+/- 155km).
- From Skukuza: approximately 2-3 hours’ drive (+/-110km).
Seasons and weather vary in the reserve
To ensure your comfort you may want to tailor your clothing choices to the time of year:
October – April
The weather is warm during the day and cooler in the morning and evenings. We recommend casual summer clothes (shorts and cool shirts) and a warm jersey/sweater for the cooler times of day.
May – September
This is fall and winter and the temperature will be mild during the day, but colder in the mornings and evenings. We recommend casual light clothing and a very warm parka/jacket for the extremely cold mornings and nights.
Best Time to Go on Safari
Southern Africa is a year-round destination. Traditionally the dry winter months (April to October) are best for game viewing, due to the shorter grass, lack of foliage and the absence of water which forces the game to concentrate around the remaining sources of drinking water.
Annual rainfall, usually in the form of short afternoon thunder showers that clear up within an hour, occur from December to March. Many species give birth to their young around the start of the rains, so the bush is alive with newborn animals.
What to Bring
Your safari suitcase, packed properly, will ensure that you have everything you need for the ultimate African bush experience. Cotton clothing in neutral colors is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colors for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of our lodges.
We recommend packing the following
- Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks; and sandals to wear around the lodge.
- Swimming costume/bathing suits, sun block, sun hat, sunglasses, lip balm, mosquito repellent (lip balm and mosquito repellent is provided for all our guests, but you are welcome to bring along your favorite brand).
- Camera and video camera, binoculars, spare memory cards and charging equipment. The use of unmanned aerial vehicles (also known as drones) is strictly prohibited at Singita.
- Please note that in the event of rain during a game drive, waterproof ponchos will be provided for guests’ comfort.
- All of our lodges are located in remote areas and therefore guests should remember to bring an extra pair of correction glasses, contact lens solution and an extra set of contact lenses (if required) as well as a sufficient supply of any prescription medication.
Time of Year
|Spring: Sept – Nov||18°C / 64°F||30°C / 86°F|
|Summer: Dec – Feb||23°C / 73°F||35°C / 95°F|
|Autumn: Mar – May||12°C / 54°F||26°C / 79°F|
|Winter: Jun – Aug||9°C / 48°F||22°C / 72°F|
Our lodges are located in malaria risk areas and we recommend that you adhere to the advice of your doctor regarding prophylactics. Insect repellent (spray or wipes), is provided in your suite and on game drive vehicles.
Please remember that you need at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel.